Here are Some Benefits of Titanium Water Bottles
- It the lightest cookware you can get
- It is so hard that it does not leach into food the way all the other metals will.
- It can be used for everyday use at home (at least I use it that way)
- It comes specifically designed for camping and backpacking.
- In a pinch, you could throw it on a fire and heat the contents. Can’t do that with a plastic bottle.
Is it lighter than Aluminum?
Not only is it lighter than aluminum, it’s healthier because it won’t leach like softer metals – aluminum and even stainless steel. Even when you are talking about plastic cups and water bottles, Titanium beats them all in terms of sheer lightness. So you can have pots, pans, cups and even utensils and Water containers made of Titanium.
This Jeff pure Titanium water bottle weighs 1.25 oz less than a plastic Nalgene of the same carrying capacity of 750 ml. Of course, it weighs much less than glass or stainless steel as well as other plastic drinking containers. I like this Jeff bottle as it does not have a tendency to show fingerprints as some other Titanium bottles do and as mentioned is not coated with anything. But the best part I like about it is the price. I had a hard time finding one that didn’t cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $100. Titanium is pricey so if you find this cheaper somewhere let me know and I’ll post a link to it.
Jeff Titanium Water Bottle
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon